Sunday, January 4, 2009

Carson is Mr. December!

My sweet two year old pup, Carson, was named Pet of the Month in my neighbor for December 2008. With this honor comes a sign in the front yard of the Pet of the Month, an article in our local newsletter AND an article on a pet website in the area.
http://www.godogusa.com/PetOfMonth.html We have been displaying our sign proudly and have gotten many comments from people out riding bikes, walking and walking their dogs. Below is the "write up" we got in the press! Even Sister Cat, Riley got a "shout out" and pic! Since I don't have any children this was the closest I've come to a proud parent moment.

“Mr. December” is a 1 ½ year old Schnauzer named Carson. He lives in Section 1A with his mother Susan S. and his cat sister, Riley (platinum/white Tabby). Carson has baby soft white hair and is a little taller than most Schnauzers – must be those Texas genes. Carson is super sweet, and he and Riley have grown very close. Besides Susan and Riley, he has lots of other human and animal friends. He loves to play ball and chew on his toys. Carson is rocket fast and likes to be chased. The neighbor dog, Max, is more than accommodating and the two have the run of both yards. Carson has a couple of costumes and is so agreeable that he doesn’t mind wearing them. Susan says Carson has been such a good boy so Santa is definitely expected at their house this Christmas Eve


Carson's best friend, Max lives next door and they LOVE to play together. Max is a few months older but weighs 75 pounds to Carson's 25 pounds. However, Carson "holds his own" and plays well with BIG DOGS. No one's going to push him around....LOL! They are hilarious playing together and always want to share the same toy or stick. It's not unusual to see them running around the yard with each of them holding the end of the same stick/bone/toy. Comical!
This is a bit of shenanigans they got into one muddy day. I have stones lining part of my driveway and there is rubbery flat "stuff!?!?!?" that is supposed to keep the dirt from going onto the drive. (Sorry I don't know all the technical words for this stuff...LOL!) The "dog boys" thought it would be great fun to pull it out. Then the thought it would GREAT fun to try and dig a hole to China via my flower bed and under the house. Sorry to spoil your fun guys ....but it looks like Carson will now be headed in for a bath! HAHAHA....you should have seen the bath water....for the first few rinses it was as black as coffee!Here's a much CLEANER picture of Mr. December!


29 comments:

  1. What a great idea! I love the mud pic LOL.I have a Schnauzer / Chihuahua mix named Katie Lynne who is 15.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a good lookin' dog!

    You should be a proud mama!

    I'm sitting here looking at one my little hellions and laughing at the thought of her being chosen for dog of the month.

    It would never happen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm gonna be biased because I have a schnauzer of my own...but DANG HE IS ONE CUTE DOG!! That is such a fun breed! I've never seen a white one and now I think I need me one!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet sweet pooch!

    So cute!

    Congrats on the fabulous title!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mr. December is one hot number!! how cute is that Carson, just adorable....thanks Susan for stopping in at my blog to see Miss Sophie's calendar, hope you enjoyed it and i hope you visit often....Happy New Year....Sue.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How NEAT that Carson is the December Pet of the Month!! FUN! He really is quite handsome and makes a great pet of the month!

    I am going to have to try your black eyed pea casserole in your last post. I can't believe how many of my comments have said they never heard of eating black eyed peas for good luck....must be a southern thing. I was born and raised in Houston and my parents always had us eat them. By the way what area of Houston do you live in? My parents live right by Hobby Airport (in a not so great area) and we are working on getting them retired and moved out here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Carson is so handsome! I have always loved schnauzers, although I have never had a purebred one! I didn't know they could be white! My Dad takes his lab, Trixie, when he goes to my brother's house. He has 2 dogs. One is a Chocolate lab that LOVES to chase frisbees and his big "bone". Several times, Trixie has managed to sneak it home in the truck!
    Blessings,
    Lorilee

    ReplyDelete
  8. Carson Rocks! How Proud You Must Be Momma :)
    What a beautiful Boy ~ Go Carson !

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun idea! Maybe more neighborhoods should do this, it might make people more responsible with their pets if they thought they might be "calender worthy" lol. Of course, don't we think all of our pets are the best? Carson is a cutie, even as a mud monster. Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness! What two will do together that one will never venture too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. They are just as good or bad as kids aren't they!! LOL!! He's a cutey Susan!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love it when dogs bond like people. It's funny to see what they consider fun.

    Congrats on the win Carson.

    Ciao

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good morning Susan :)

    Carson is so cute! He deserves dog of the month :)

    Have a fabulous day and thank you so much for visiting me!!
    rue

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh geez, here I am looking for the comment section and I am thinking I can't comment on here then see "Spill is sister..." Too cute!

    You have a fun blog! And I really like this idea of Pet of the Month. I bet Mr. December is so proud of his sign and makes sure NO ONE pees on it when he's around:)P.S. I see my sister Dawn also visits you. Great! You take care and may 2009 be your best ever.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your dog! I had a salt & pepper schnauzer growning up...I can't wait to be able to have a dog!

    ReplyDelete
  16. How fun! What a cutie Carson is. Pam

    ReplyDelete
  17. I know what you nean. I don't have any kids . We have three dogs. Two were rescue dogs. They are pure love. Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  18. Too cute! What a fun thing to have going on in your neighborhood. Great community spirit.

    Carson is a cutie...and I guess a little devil boy;) So nice he has a neighbor to play with. (Can you tell I'm a dog mom too?!)

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a darling little dog! Great pictures

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a hunka hunka calendar dog. Schnauzers are the best. I have a little boy in a fur coat too. Jake's a white schnauzer as well. You know we don't own them, they own us, right? Love the mud photo-aren't they just like velcro? Congratulations Mr. Carson. Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  21. That is a riot! I have never heard of such a thing. Congratulations to Carson! Very pretty dog, btw.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congratulations, Carson! Come visit Kobe, Teddy and Jet posted on my sidebar! What a great idea! Thanks for visiting, Susan!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is a wonderful idea! And gosh darn it but he IS a special dog!
    He is adorable. Congrats Carson!
    I wonder if I can get some interest into a dog of the month in MY area!?

    You rock Carson!

    Hugs,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  24. Awww, cute!
    And I do love your door!

    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  25. Pet of the month that would be so cool!
    Happy pet of the month!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I saw where you mentioned Pikeville. We lived 35 miles from there . Just 16 miles from Grundy Va. Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  27. Carson sure is a cutie! I have a Miniature Schnauzer, too. Miles is a bit taller than the average but he also weighs about 40 pounds! Well, he kinda likes his treats...who can refuse that sweet little face. ~ Robyn

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog! I LOVE to read all your comments. They bring a smile to my face...so SPILL IT SISTER!!!