Thursday, October 14, 2010

Warrenton, TX Wonderland--Part Two

Look what was "Zappenin" in Warrenton a few weeks ago!  It was a great time with friends....wondering in the sunshine, checking out the cool booths, people watching, ohhing and ahhing over beautiful antiques, laughing at fun crafts.  So come along and see what we saw........
Here's Mrs. Magoo....we thought this looked like us after a fun day of shopping.  Exhausted, happy with a bottle of wine beside us.
Isn't this a cute way to decorate an old screen door?
How about a huge metal turtle?
We found the most delicious thirst quenching treat....Ice Tea Slushes!  I'm a fan of the "Arnold Palmer"....a combination of lemonade and Ice Tea.....yummmmmmmmmmmm!!!
If I hadn't recently changed the colors in my house, these cute red containers would have been cute in my kitchen....so I left them for someone else to purchase...But I sure did like them.
This isn't any of the girls in my group but she caught my eye.  She looked totally content to lay in the shade, pop open a cold beer and smoke her cigarette. 
If you know me, you know I love signs.  I can't IMAGINE WHY this one spoke to me....LOL!!! I used to have a bumper sticker on my car, ages ago that said....Good Girls Go To Heaven---Bad Girls Go Everywhere!
This sign booth had the cutest signs....AND the sexiest pumpkin.
This pretty mermaid looked so pretty against the clear blue sky.
We sampled some of the most delicious peaches I've ever tasted at this booth.  He also sold organic tomatoes, okra and new potatoes.
My neighbors and I have been saving beer bottle caps ALL summer.  Look what this clever vendor made with his caps.  This wagon bed was lined with caps and then a thick layer of epoxy was poured in to keep them in place.  Yee Haw!
I'm not sure what these interesting men were looking at but it certainly captivated them! Hope I've captivated you too and hope you'll comment or be back soon to check out more of Susan's Colorful Life!  Happy Fall Ya'll!!!

7 comments:

  1. I can't believe I missed getting to see you. I was there for opening weekend. Remember for next time...I'm normally in the tent by the beer garden...can't miss me!
    I'll tell you what those guys were staring at. Have you seen some of those outfits girls are wearing...there you go!
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the sign for "wayward women"! Totally cool and thanks for sharing such great photos.

    Take care, Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pictures, looks like an enjoyable time!

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope to meet you next time when you make it to Marburger!
    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks like so much fun! You have some really funny pictures! I sure wish I had a group of friends that got together to craft!Thanks for stopping by!
    Lacy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Did you come by my booth at Warrenton? We were right by the beer garden and we made cards that said "Good girls go to heaven but bad girls go everywhere!" Promise you will stop by and see me in the spring? I'll be looking for you!

    Malisa

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loved both your posts about Warrenton--looks like a fun place to visit and look and eat!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog! I LOVE to read all your comments. They bring a smile to my face...so SPILL IT SISTER!!!