Thursday, September 29, 2011

France....Here I Come!

Blogging is such a COOL thing!  You "meet" so many nice people and see so many cool and clever things.  But my blogging has taken me even one step farther in the realm of COOL THINGS.  Hold on to your hats ladies....I'm going on my first trip to France.  With..... The fun ladies at the Red Shed in Grapevine. http://redshedantiques.blogspot.com/   You see...when I blogged about Grapevine, TX a few weeks ago, I had made the short trip from Houston to Dallas to meet some of my fellow traveling buddies and learn more about the trip.
Check their fantastic blog out....they put on these trips several times and year and even though I haven't gone yet....I know it will be the trip of a lifetime. 
 We will be visiting all sorts of fun flea markets, antique stores, have a cooking class, visit a chateau, a trip to the Cote D' Azure and much, much more. 
The weather in Aix en Provence in October promises to be some of the best weather they have.  Highs in the 70's and lows in the 50's with lots of sunshine.  I'm envisioning we will be strolling down streets just like this one.  I can't WAIT!!!! 
 We will see hillside views just like this!
 We won't be seeing any fields of lavender because that season is in the early summer.  However, I'm sure there will be plenty of "lavender things" to see.  
 Provence has at its southern edge the famed Cote d’Azur with its wonderful coastline along the Mediterranean Sea.  Generally Provence is consider the area east of the Rhone River with the Alps being the eastern border.  Provence enjoys a southern sun that shines 320 days yearly, giving the region blue skies and mild temperatures year round.  And as a Southern girl, living in Houston with the temperature still hovering in the mid-90's, cool and sunshiney weather sounds like Heaven!
 After 7 days in wonderful Aix en Provence, the Red Shed portion of the trip will end, but my traveling companion, Tyra and I, will continue on to Paris.  We simply COULD NOT be that close to Paris and skip it....so we opted to add a few more days on our itinerary.  LIFE'S SHORT----LIVE A LITTLE!
The few short days will only whet my appetite for more of Paris....but, hey....it's a start. A boulangerie/bakery is one of the first things I want to find.  We will need strength for our busy and fun-filled Paris excursions.
 And of course, we'll have some coffee, giggles and people watch while we plot out our day.
 Montmarte is, of course, on the list.
And then perhaps a crepe, or I've been told to be sure to get a Jambon Sandwich (?)....
And it wouldn't be a "girly trip" without some serious window shopping! 

Where would YOU suggest we go????  All suggestions are much appreciated.  And of course, I'll be blogging when I return home.  On the previous trip "The Red Shed" took they blogged along the way, so be sure and check out their blog! http://redshedantiques.blogspot.com/

Wish me luck!!!

7 comments:

  1. I am SO excited for you!! Your pictures really catch the spirit of Provence! I've never been, but I know you and the girls are going to have a ball. Take lots of pictures and POST!!

    XO,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...jealous! Last year we had an exchange "son" from Tournon~sur~Rhone, France. It was so fun...and no I didn't pick up the language although I tried! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats wonderful cant wait to see photos and hear all about it. Hope you have a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, what fun, I would love to go to the flea markets! Oh, I cannot wait for tons of pictures, have a great time!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  5. OK... when you wrote me on Pinterest that you were going to France, I was like: I'M POPPING OVER TO HER BLOG IMMEDIATELY TO SEE WHAT'S GOING ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!! France???!!!! Oh my Lord, you are SO lucky! Have a WONDERFUL time!!!! Take lots of photos for your blog, and Pinterest too. And PLEASE, I have a request, take photos of all of your FOOD! Goodness, it's ridiculous, but I love pictures of food!!! Oh, Susan, have a fabulous time -- Godspeed!
    Best,
    Gloria

    ReplyDelete
  6. This must have been a wonderful trip. I found your blog by chance, but consider that to be a happy accident. You've created a great spot for your readers to visit and I really enjoyed the time I spent here. I'll definitely be back. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Maryoy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stopping by to say Happy Thanksgiving!! Did you go on your trip yet? If so, photos please!!!!! ;)
    Have a wonderful holiday, Susan!
    Best,
    Gloria

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog! I LOVE to read all your comments. They bring a smile to my face...so SPILL IT SISTER!!!